Daylight Savings is on March 12, 2017 at 2:00 a.m. Be sure to set your clocks before you go to bed Saturday night. It is also a good time to do the following items:
- Reverse the direction on your ceiling fan. In the Spring, fan blades should rotate counter-clockwise to help cool down the rooms. In the Fall, switch the direction to clockwise which helps pull down the warm air that gets trapped near the ceiling. Both of these measures help save cost on heating and cooling.
- Flip and rotate your mattress to help promote even wear and tear. Unless you have a no flip mattress. Then just rotate it.
- Replace the filters in your heater and air conditioner. This should actually be done several times a year to ensure they run as efficiently as possible.
- Go through your medicine cabinet and first aid kit, discard any expired or discolored products. In addition dispose of any prescription medication that has expired or no longer needed. You can search on FDA.gov for how to safely dispose of medications.
- Go through your pantry and dispose of any expired or stale/opened foods.
- Daylight Savings Time is also a good time to start rotating your wardrobe. Wash your winter clothes and inspect them for damage and wear and tear. If you have clothes you know longer wear put them aside either for a garage sale or donate them. Finally, pack away clothes for winter and start washing and inspecting your Spring and Summer wardrobe.
- Check Car Fluids, it is a good time to replenish fluids like window washer fluid, anti- freeze etc.
- Set new 6 month goals.