It seems as the rain just keeps coming. Below are some good tips and links to make it through the rest of the storm season.
Advice from our maintenance department for our tenants:
- Fences – If you notice that your fence is leaning, please prop it and call Cornette Maintenance at 916-597-2010 to advise of the situation.
- Roof leaks – If a water bubble appears on your ceiling, gently poke it with a sharp knife. Be sure to have a bucket handy to catch any leaking water. After the water has stopped dripping, place the bucket under the drip to catch further potential water drainage and contact Cornette Maintenance..
- Trees – If small branches snap off in the wind, cut them and put them in your green waste can. If the branches are too big, please call Cornette Maintenance so a work order can be dispatched for you.
PLEASE BE PATIENT! When heavy wind and rain is present, all vendors are restricted from being able to perform their normal requirements in a timely manner. – Nancy Drikas | Maintenance Coordinator @ Cornette Property Management
If you are not one of our renters and the above items happen to you, be sure to contact your owner or your property management company.
- Stock up on non-perishable foods just in case the power goes out.
- Make sure all flashlights are charged or have new batteries in them. (CANDLES ARE HAZARDOUS)
- Make sure you have plenty of blankets.
- Prepare a simple emergency kit: a flashlight, battery-operated clock, extra batteries, manual can opener, supply of bottled water.
If your house or yard is prone to flooding check out local sandbag locations :