We are settling into the New Year and for a lot of people that means new goals, new starts. The 2 biggest to do items on most peoples list: Setting Goals and Getting Organized…
“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up” – A. A. Milne
“For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned”.-Benjmin Franklin
Did you know that January/February are considered national organization months?
Why should we organize? You will have more balance in your life, you will be more productive, it can help you save money, helps manage time, it will reduce clutter and can help you prioritize.
Many of the stores offer sales on organizational tools bins, baskets, etc. Check your local Targets, Walmart, IKEA, even the Dollars stores. Always check the clearance aisle or end caps, sometimes you can get great deals on items that can be used. Also, check Pinterest, and You tube for organizing hacks . Below are some links for tips, tools.
“You need a plan to build a house. To build a life, it is even more important to have a plan or goal.” Zig Ziglar
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” Tony Robbins
“Goals enable you to do more for yourself and others, too.”-Zig Ziglar
Remember keep your goals S.M.A.R.T:
Why set goals?
Why set goals? Many of us spend countless hours to thinking about our present life and future. Almost everyone wishes to change our lives. Whether it is family life, friendship, career or finances. We all want to change something. The first step is to set goals.
There are many reasons for why set goals. Below are a few:
- You take control of your life- A goal is like a map for life. It gives you direction and helps you choose where to go in life. When you have achieved the goal, you improve your life and become a better version of yourself.
- Allows you to focus on important things-Goals help us to sort out what is important and what isn’t. Only focus on the things that you want to achieve and spend precious time on them.
- Good decisions-Goals help you identify and establish your priorities and make the right choices based on the long-term view of what is most important to you.
- You can finish the task efficiently-You will focus and concentrate your time and energy on the task. Keep away all the distractions and this make you efficiently.
- Self-confidence –When you set a goal and measure the achievement, you are able to see what you have done and what you are capable of. This process of achieving goals gives you the confidence and a belief in yourself.
- You will make progress-After you have achieved one goal, you will try to achieve higher goals. You will see big progress you have made, when you look back.
- Puts you closer to success- Goals are the starting point of success. A good start makes half the success.